Pear Tree Elementary welcomes international applicants, and has a limited number of places available for international students seeking from one or more years of education with us.
Pear Tree Elementary is one of the top private independent schools and is ideal for families looking for the best that modern Canadian education has to offer.
Families can either register with us directly, or through an agency / immigration firm.
Please note that during their attendance at Pear Tree Elementary, all international students must reside with a family member (parent or relative) in the Vancouver area.
At least one family member must provide proof of temporary residence in Vancouver, i.e. work visa or study visa.
Also, the child must already have a sufficient level of English to study in their grade level. The higher the grade level, the higher the level of English required.
1. Complete Online Application (see application deadline dates) + Pay $500 + GST application fee
2. Submit required documents with online application:
- Copy of your child’s passport
- Copy of parents’ passports
- Copy of parent’s work visa (if applicable)
- For Grade 1 – 7 applicants: a copy of the most current report card (in English)
- Any other information about the student (including but not limited to academic / psychological evaluations or assessments)
3. Complete School Recommendation Form
- To help us better understand the student, we ask that the person most knowledgeable about this student (e.g. classroom teacher, administrator) complete this form. Please note that all information in this form is confidential.
4. Video submission
- Demonstration of your child’s English literacy (reading, writing, speaking, listening) and numeracy skills
- Short presentation by student about herself/himself
- Email video link to our Admissions email address
5. Family Interview (via Zoom)