Our Intermediate Program will prepare your child for more than just high school; it will prepare them for life far beyond school.
As a private elementary school, Grades 5 to 7 are the years in which your child begins to mature. To support your child through this transition, Pear Tree Elementary’s teachers will play even greater roles as mentors and strong, positive role models.
Pear Tree Elementary will help your child develop the patience and tenacity needed to work primarily in a collaborative, project-based learning environment. Your child will learn to care about quality and performing to their best abilities. They will learn to take calculated risks and to learn from their mistakes. They will also learn to play an effective role in any team. What is more, your child will ‘learn how to learn’, so that they will flourish in any academic institution beyond the utopia of Pear Tree Elementary.
Primary goals are to develop:
- Patience and tenacity to producing high-quality work
- The ability to ‘learn how to learn’
- Excellent research skills
- The humility to make mistakes and to learn from peers
- Stronger leadership abilities
- More advanced higher-level thinking skills
- Proficient public speaking and presentation skills
- Further experiential learning through outdoor education
Join us for an Open House or Book a Private Tour