Our Grades 2-4 Primary Program is a vital part of your child’s education. In order to help your child blossom and grow, Pear Tree is an independent elementary school that balances teaching new skills with strengthening the foundations established in our Early Years program.
Your child will develop student and life skills, including organization, effort, determination and resilience. By improving upon these social and emotional skills, Pear Tree Elementary is able to transition your child from small projects to more sophisticated ones which require increased collaborative work and commitment.
Beside this, we introduce our Outdoor Education program in which your child will experience learning in a new environment for a prolonged period of time with their classmates. We also begin our French language program. The Grades 2-4 Primary Program will continue using traditional learning methods, but will also experience an increased use of technology, including iPads and Surface Pro tablets.
Through Pear Tree’s Primary Program, your child will become increasingly aware of who they are, of the world around them, and of the connection between the two. As a result, it is an exciting time for students, teachers and parents alike!
Primary goals are to develop:
- Numeracy skills through problem solving and application
- Multiple literacies skills: written, visual, aural, and physical
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Basic teamwork skills
- Age-appropriate leadership abilities
- Introductory French language skills
- Greater technological fluency using iPads and Surface Pro tablets / stylus pens
- Experiential learning through outdoor education
Join us for an Open House or Book a Private Tour